St Mary with St Alban’s Adapts to New Rules from 19 July
Following the Government's Summer 2021 announcement, we have increased the capacity in church from 50 to 60, by opening up the south-side a little, and are inviting congregational singing once more (behind a face covering for now). There is also no need to pre-book tickets to attend any of our services over August, details of which can be found here.
We will continue to:
- invite everyone to wear a face covering in church
- have hand-sanitiser available, and encourage use
- retain the north-side set-up, for socially distanced seating
- keep the choir to a limit of 8
- display the NHS Test and Trace QR code in the entrance for check-in
- maintain our enhanced, regular cleaning
- retain the one-way entry/exit system
- ventilate the church
All necessary steps continue to keep the church safely open, whilst ensuring we limit the local transmission of the virus and maintain a reassuring environment for worship.