Parish Pilgrimage: ‘at home’ on Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 June
The Parish Pilgrimage will be ‘At Home’ this year with some of our friends from Winterborne Stickland joining us. The Pilgrimage Walk will take place on Saturday 18 June. Our plan is to:
- start from St Mary with St Alban Church at 10.00am with a short service.
- head off over the river by Teddington Lock and walk down the towpath to All Saint‟s Church, Kingston where we will have a second short service.
- have a packed lunch (please bring).
- come back over Kingston Bridge and walk the whole length of the towpath to Hampton Court for a third service in the Royal Chapel
- in the afternoon, walk across Bushy Path to end up at the lovely Water Gardens close to the National Physical Laboratory, where Robin and Mary Field-Smith will have a sumptuous tea waiting for us (to be booked for in advance).
The following day, after the Sunday Patronal Festival Service, we are having a gorgeous lunch (£6 adult/£3 children) in the Parish Hall before we say goodbye to our visitors.
Sign-up sheets for both days are at the back of church, or bookings can be made via the Parish Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8943 2262.
A few from the congregation have kindly offered a spare room to help accommodate our visitors. If there is anyone else who is able to help host, please contact Peter Stevens at email@example.com.