Meet the New Church Warden at St Mary with St Alban
Get to know St Mary with St Alban’s new church warden, Robin Field-Smith, in this 60 second interview.
- Who inspired you most to become a Christian?
- What are your favourite books of the Old and New Testaments?
Psalms and Philippians
- What attracted you most about St Mary’s with St Alban’s?
The welcome, the music, and the churchmanship
- What is the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Work hard, play hard, pray hard
- With whom would you most like to be locked in a church?
- Do you enjoy music?
Yes, especially singing
- How do you like to spend your spare time?
Golf, reading the newspaper, enjoying home and garden
- What is your favourite book, film or play?
Don’t have one
- What is your worst childhood memory?
My mother having to care for a succession of elderly relatives
- What is your favourite service in the Christian calendar?
Advent Carol Service
- How do you view the challenge of being Churchwarden?
Humbled at the call, a little daunted by the expectations, and excited by the opportunities
- What are your hopes for this coming year working at St Mary with St Alban?
That we can keep the focus on people and strengthen faith and friendship for all