Elleray Hall Christmas Lunch 2016
The Churches in Teddington are inviting local people who might be alone at Christmas including the elderly to join them for a Traditional Christmas meal at Elleray Hall in Teddington from 11am to around 3.30pm on 25 December. There will be entertainment, mince pies and other refreshments plus a chance to join in Carols and other activities. Transport can be provided for those who need it.
Up to 80 guests from the Teddington, Hampton Wick, Hampton Hill, Hampton or South Twickenham area are welcome. If you would like to attend or know somebody to whom the invitation could be extended, please let Lynne Bailey know on 020 8977 0083 or CTTChristmas16@gmail.com.
Can you help?
Your help will make this event a success. Assistance in the following ways is welcomed:
- Offering to provide transport, whether to the venue for about 10.30am or to take guests back home at around 3.30pm (after the Queen’s Speech), or both
- Setting up the tables and general preparation of Elleray Hall on Christmas Eve
- Helping in the kitchen, or providing tea and coffee from around 10.30am
- Preparing and cooking the food
- Greeting and chatting to guests and waiting at tables at lunchtime
- Providing music or entertainment
- Washing up and preparing bags of food and presents for our guests to take home
- Providing things for gift bags – e.g. Mince pies, Christmas cake, Groceries, Chocolate, small gifts (for many people this will be the only gift they receive)
- Publicising the event to people who might otherwise not find out about it
If you can offer help on the day, please let Lynne Bailey know (as soon as possible so that resources can be planned efficiently) on 020 8977 0083 or CTTChristmas16@gmail.com. Helpers will need to provide their:
- Contact details (phone and email if available)
- What hours they are able to help
- For drivers: address so we can minimise journey times and whether they have a two- or four-door vehicle
If you would like to donate any items, they can be collected by about 15 December. Please contact Malcolm Eady on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8977 1398.