Mary Field-Smith is our Children’s Advocate and responsible for safeguarding the welfare and safety of children within the parish setting.
Mary ensures that the Diocesan Child Protection Guidelines are implemented and speaks up for children and young people and their needs in our church. She also makes sure that everyone involved with children and young people are aware of child protection issues and the Diocesan Child Protection guidelines.
Our child protection policy
- We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly our children and young people.
- We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole church community.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment and support of those working with children, whether paid or volunteer.
- We wish to support parents and carers who have responsibility for bringing up children.
- We accept and endorse the principles of the Children Act 1989 and the House of Bishops’ Policy Statement Protecting All God’s Children (2004). The PCC of this Church have agreed and adopted the above Policy on Child Protection and it is reviewed annually.
- We have appointed Mary Field-Smith as our Children’s Advocate, as described in the document Children in the Diocese of London.
‘Safe care’ practices
We are committed to ‘Safe Care’ practices and Mary is responsible for the process that minimizes the possibility of appointing inappropriate adults to work with children and young people. Mary can be contacted at email@example.com.
Please download our Child Protection Policy here.