Celebrate Teddington at the Village Fair on 25 June
Come down and celebrate all things local: Sunday 25 June, 12-5pm, Udney Hall Gardens, off Langham Road and next to our Parish Hall, St Mary's.
We are joining forces with The Rotary and Teddington Society as they celebrate their 50th anniversary, to bring lots of Teddington Community Groups together for a fun-filled day out for everyone.
Local businesses are in full support too with stalls, music & dance, food & drink.
Scroll down to find out more about the day, also we need some more volunteers and there is an exciting children's art competition for you to enter:
We would love more help serving teas in the parish hall, both at 1-2pm and 2-3pm, and would be very grateful for another victoria sponge baked for the Fair. Please get in touch with Mary.
Also, could you be part of the team manning our stall that day, as we share with the community all we do: the cafés, the churchyard, sustainability, hall bookings, etc, etc. Let Suzanne know which slots you are around: 12-1pm, 3-4pm and 4-5pm.
Teddington Village Fair Children’s Art Competition supported by the Landmark Arts Centre
Inspired by the forthcoming exhibition at the Landmark: Gaia: The World, the theme for all submissions is: The Earth. Interpretation can be in a multitude of ways, including;
- the beauty and fragility of our planet / sustainability and ecology / our globe from space / being inspired by a visit to the exhibition from 16 June
The competition will be judged by the curator at the Landmark Arts Centre prior to the Fair, with winners announced at a Prize Giving Event at Teddington Village Fair. Winning and highly commended entries will be displayed in St Mary’s Parish Hall (next to Udney Hall Gardens), as part of the day.
- Please submit 2D* artworks, no more than A3 in size (29.7 x 42 cm) – one per child, with the entrant’s name, age and address on the back and a phone number / email address for the entrant’s parent.
- * 2D artworks can include photography, drawing, painting, printmaking, collage, a printed digital artwork
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes of gift vouchers will be awarded for each of three age categories: Under 7, 7 to 11, 11 to 16.
- Submissions must be handed into the Landmark by Friday 23 June by 3pm at the latest (normal opening hours are weekdays 9.30am-4.30pm).
Art works to be collected from the Parish Hall at 5pm, 25 June, or afterwards from the Landmark's main desk. Good Luck.